Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Cook Saturday, Serve Sunday Strategy Question

On 29-Jan-2010, piedmont > wrote:

> On 1/29/2010 8:49 AM, RockPyle wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > SWMBO has informed me that I will be cooking Pulled Pork for our
> > Superbowl Party. The original plan was to wake up early and have the

> SNIP(see how easy it is to snip folks - do it!, especially you bottom
> post whiners!)
>
> > Any suggestions or discussion would be appreciated.
> >
> > Rock

> I have an orange, round, igloo drink ice chest, that I used, wrap meat
> up, lay thick layer of newspaper or towels on bottom then sit meat in
> then take up remaining space with towels. IT WILL KEEP FOR 24 hours and
> be safe to eat, in fact it should still be hot to handle. But, I would
> take off the grill 'as soon as' it reaches 190 or meat will be too
> mushy. I have done it many times.
>
> piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r

What Piedmont said. I have done likewise many times. I'm still around and
none of my guests have died. I have also had occasion to reheat the
following
day in which case I employed foil to wrap the meat and retain juices. That
also worked well. I confess though that the last time I reheated a quantity
like that was in Auguest of 2007. The possibles included butts, spares and
beef back ribs. All were more then passable at the table.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)