Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Tutall Tutall is offline

Default Cook Saturday, Serve Sunday Strategy Question

On Jan 29, 5:49*am, RockPyle > wrote:
> Folks,
>
> * * *SWMBO has informed me that I will be cooking Pulled Pork for our
> Superbowl Party. *

Woman has taste.

> new plan is to smoke the meat Saturday and reheat and pull it Sunday.

You can pull it on Sat, eat on Sunday.

> * * *My question is how to accomplish this. *Typically, I take the
> meat out at 195* internal, double wrap it in foil and then wrap the
> bundle ina *towel and hold it in the oven (just for the insulation,
> the oven if not hot) for 30 minutes to a couple of hours.

Not sure why you go to the trouble? I don't believe the extra cooking
that this does is needed by this point. We just we just take the meat
off, let it rest till the temps come down enough to handle without
burning ourselves and pull it fresh and refridgerate what we're not
eating immediately. Which in your case would be all of it.

> 1) *Refrigerate it and then reheat to some new internal temperature
> for pulling and serving?

Save youself a step and pull it on day one.

> 2) *take it out of the smoker at some lower internal temperature,
> refridgerate it and then take it to 195* in the oven on Sunday?

Heck no!

> 3) *I am not really comfortable with leaving it wrapped and insulated
> for that long without , but I have seen it suggested.

Hell no!

> 4) *Order a bunch of Subway meatball Marinara subs.

You want her to divorce you?

> Rock

Invite us, we'll bring good sides. We can even think of a nicer name
for Dragon turds if you insist.