Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Apples again

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:49:00 -0600, Dave Balderstone
> wrote:

>In article >, The Cook
> wrote:
>
>> The Red Rome apples are on sale again. This time $1 for a 3 pound
>> bag. The best I had done before was $5 for 2 bags. I bought 7 bags
>> and will start making more applesauce.

>I've never seen Red Rome here in Canada. Where are they grown?
>
>The Ambrosias are on sale here right now, but they's an eatin' apple.
>And damned good, too.

The Law Strain Red Romes that I get are grown in Asheville, NC or in
the Brushy Mountains around Wilkesboro, NC. I don't think that that
is an exhaustive list of sources. Did you see the pictures of the
apples I posted earlier?

http://tinypic.com/r/z8sw0/6

http://tinypic.com/r/10fdjrd/6

--