Posted to rec.food.preserving
Mimi[_2_] Mimi[_2_] is offline

Default Apples again

That is a great deal on apples. I think the best I've done is some
granny smiths last year that were 99¢ for a 3-pound bag. I think I
only got 2 bags though as that is around the time that I got the H1N1
flu and was in bed for a week. I did finally make apple butter--
turned out delish. I think I still have some juice in the freezer.

Last Friday, I was shopping with a friend and we got 5-pound bags of
red, sweet grapefruits for $1.75 a bag. I might make some marmalade
if work isn't too crazy this week.

Anything that doesn't set at my house is re-purposed as pancake/waffle/
frozen yogurt syrup.

Life is too short to re-cook...

: - ]