Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Apples again

The Red Rome apples are on sale again. This time $1 for a 3 pound
bag. The best I had done before was $5 for 2 bags. I bought 7 bags
and will start making more applesauce.

About 1/2 the jelly I made earlier did not set. I made it without
added pectin. Guess I will dump it into a pot and boil it some more.
Now to start on the apples.

Got interrupted and didn't send this. I just cut and cored 2 bags and
they do not have much red in the flesh. Well, I'll just make regular
applesauce and maybe some applebutter.
--
Susan N.