Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '90 La Parde Haut Bailly

Not much of a tasting note, just to say that this wine is at or near
peak. Solid fruit and medium weight, good Pessac stony character. A
serious luncheon Bordeaux, we opened as an emergency bottle -- only have
a couple of cases in the Paris cave -- when a '90 Grandis (Haut Medoc)
was corked. (Ironically the owner of Grandis was also the cork
distributer to most of the medoc during this period.) With steak, salad
and grilled sweet potatoes.

I've always liked La Parde, a good second label that sometimes seems a
bit confidential. We were introduced to it at the excellent bistro Chez
Geraud many years ago, when a tasting table next to us started passing
glasses our way...

-E