Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '90 La Parde Haut Bailly

Not much of a tasting note, just to say that this wine is at or near
peak. Solid fruit and medium weight, good Pessac stony character. A
serious luncheon Bordeaux, we opened as an emergency bottle -- only have
a couple of cases in the Paris cave -- when a '90 Grandis (Haut Medoc)
was corked. (Ironically the owner of Grandis was also the cork
distributer to most of the medoc during this period.) With steak, salad
and grilled sweet potatoes.

I've always liked La Parde, a good second label that sometimes seems a
bit confidential. We were introduced to it at the excellent bistro Chez
Geraud many years ago, when a tasting table next to us started passing
glasses our way...

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

Interesting! I have just came back from a monthly tasting that featured a
1989 Haut Bailly that was very good, with plenty of Graves character and
perhaps better in the nose than in the mouth. A-

Best,

s.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 01/20/2010 01:03 AM, santiago wrote:
> Interesting! I have just came back from a monthly tasting that featured a
> 1989 Haut Bailly that was very good, with plenty of Graves character and
> perhaps better in the nose than in the mouth. A-
>
> Best,
>
> s.

Hi Santiago,

Yes, the '89 an '90 Haut Bailly are holding up very well, I have around
a half a case of each I'm pleased to say! The '88 is fading a little
now.

La Parde is generally less long lived as one might expect, but I do
recall someone here posting on it, so thought it might be of interest.

(Just picked up most of my purchases from the December "salon" at porte
de versailles, so I've got some wines here for early drinking: La
Decelle, Ch. Brehat, Didier Charavin, Sorin de France, Ch. Cornemps,
etc. Only the Cahors from Les Ifs didn't show yet..)

cheers,

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 20, 12:32*pm, Emery Davis > wrote:
> On 01/20/2010 01:03 AM, santiago wrote:
>
> > Interesting! I have just came back from a monthly tasting that featured a
> > 1989 Haut Bailly that was very good, with plenty of Graves character and
> > perhaps better in the nose than in the mouth. A-

> > Best,

> > s.

> Hi Santiago,
>
> Yes, the '89 an '90 Haut Bailly are holding up very well, I have around
> a half a case of each I'm pleased to say! *The '88 is fading a little
> now.
>
> La Parde is generally less long lived as one might expect, but I do
> recall someone here posting on it, so thought it might be of interest.
>
> (Just picked up most of my purchases from the December "salon" at porte
> de versailles, so I've got some wines here for early drinking: La
> Decelle, Ch. Brehat, Didier Charavin, Sorin de France, Ch. Cornemps,
> etc. *Only the Cahors from Les Ifs didn't show yet..)
>
> cheers,
>
> -E

NEver heard of La Parde, didn't know HB had a second
I have the 88 HB, will check on it soon
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 01/20/2010 06:43 PM, DaleW wrote:
[]
> NEver heard of La Parde, didn't know HB had a second

Funny I could have sworn it was you that posted about it! But google
didn't find anything, so maybe I imagined. Anyway La Parde is
apparently available in the US, I guess it's a decent buy at $30-ish
given the scandalous cost of Bordeaux today.

> I have the 88 HB, will check on it soon

Good thinking, let me know what you find. I've also had some damaged
bottles from this vintage.

-E

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 1/20/10 12:32 PM, Emery Davis wrote:

> Yes, the '89 an '90 Haut Bailly are holding up very well, I have around
> a half a case of each I'm pleased to say! The '88 is fading a little
> now.
>
> La Parde is generally less long lived as one might expect, but I do
> recall someone here posting on it, so thought it might be of interest.

Emery,
Thanks for posting on this. I like the style of Haut-Bailly (at
least until this millenium) but, like Dale, have never seen the La
Parde. I suppose that it is imported to the US, but will have to check.
Would you say that it is similar in style to H-B? Many second wines,
in my experience, bear little resemblance to the big sibling.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 01/20/2010 08:41 PM, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 1/20/10 12:32 PM, Emery Davis wrote:
>
>> Yes, the '89 an '90 Haut Bailly are holding up very well, I have around
>> a half a case of each I'm pleased to say! The '88 is fading a little
>> now.
>>
>> La Parde is generally less long lived as one might expect, but I do
>> recall someone here posting on it, so thought it might be of interest.

> Emery,
> Thanks for posting on this. I like the style of Haut-Bailly (at
> least until this millenium) but, like Dale, have never seen the La
> Parde. I suppose that it is imported to the US, but will have to check.
> Would you say that it is similar in style to H-B? Many second wines,
> in my experience, bear little resemblance to the big sibling.

Hi Mark,

What you say is true, but I do feel that La Parde is similar in style,
if not in complexity, to HB. And both have a real Graves (or Pessac
if you prefer!) character.

best,

-E

1994 Haut Bailly Bill S. Wine 0 18-12-2011 07:31 PM
[TN] '96 Haut Batailley Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 17-02-2008 03:52 PM
200 Haut Veyrac Joseph Coulter[_3_] Wine 4 28-12-2007 11:26 PM
Haut Batailley 1994 Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 8 15-12-2005 09:54 AM
Haut Bailly Bill Spohn Wine 0 29-03-2004 03:32 PM