Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default bread pudding

A R Pickett > wrote:
: I haven't posted for awhile, my life is unsettled. Both my husband and I
: are T2. I am more inclined to attempt to rein in my sweet tooth, he still
: likes his unfettered and demanding. So I'm always on the lookout for ideas
: for dessert.

: I've tried Splenda's cheesecake recipie with good results, and today came up
: with this:

: 2 cups dried bread crumbs - I had a mixture of whole grain and white crumbs
: in the freezer which I made from the dry ends of loaves of bread and just
: kept for "whenever"
: 1/4 c melted butter
: 2 eggs
: 2 cups plain unsweetened almond milk
: 1/2 cup Splenda
: 1/2 tsp cinnamon
: 1/4 tsp nutmeg
: 1/4 tsp salt
: 1 cup of add-ins consisting of some diced cranberries, some dried
: blueberries, some dried cherries, and some diced walnuts. The berries were
: just the amounts left over from other various projects

: I put the bread crumbs in a small greased pyrex dish, added the butter and
: stirred it up.

: I beat the eggs, added the almond milk, the Splenda and the spices and beat
: them well together, then stirred in the fruit and nuts and poured the
: mixture over the bread crumbs.

: Baked it for 1 hr 10 min at 325 degrees.

: It's pretty good, and the sweet tooth guy liked it! I figure a half cup
: serving is one carb, more or less.

: Happy New Year, everyone!
: A R Pickett aka Woodstock

This gives me the idea to try a bred pudding with the low carb Arnolds or
Pepperidge farms breads. I am, already, usuing htem in meatloaves,
stuffing,etc and they work just like regular bread in effect.

Wendy