Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Soup for dinner!

Evelyn > wrote:

: I have a small piece of prime rib, and a whole container of au-jus left. I
: am going to cut the prime rib into smallish pieces, trimming off all the
: fatty parts, and I will make a beef vegetable barley soup out of it today.
: I will use the container of au-jus and add some more water and a couple of
: beef bouillion cubes to that to get some liquid going. I will add some
: barley and a can of tomatoes to that. Then I will put some chopped
: carrots, celery, onion, parsnip, chopped mushrooms and potatoes into it. I
: think it will probably be pretty tasty. Perhaps I will add some of the
: leftover green beans from the other nights dinner, and a can of kidney beans
: too.

: --

: Evelyn

How aboaut lots of sliced or chumked mushrooms for taste and texture
rather than chopping them? I also woudl add the green beans only at the
end to keep then green:-) Sounds yumy.

Wendy