Posted to rec.food.equipment
pltrgyst[_1_] pltrgyst[_1_] is offline

Default Gotta be great? - Omelet pan

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 16:03:30 -0500, "Dee Dovey" > wrote:

>A couple of weeks ago I decided to buy an All-Clad skillet that has been
>offered just about everywhere for $89.99 - with lid. DH thinks it's really
>great; says that it doesn't stick like Emeril's All-Clad skillet, and
>others. So.....

Which skillet did you buy?

>I might try the All-Clad 7" omelet (NON-Stick) skillet at CutleryandMore on
>sale for $49.99. Don't know. Any comments welcome.

Have you ever tried a Japanese rectangular omelet (tamagoyaki) pan, called a
tamago? I used to have a very good American-made one, heavy non-stick aluminum,
roughly 10" x 5", with a triangular ridge across the center, and a fitted
plastic spatula for rolling the omelet out. I'd use it every new year's day for
our annual brunch, cranking out a hundred or so omelets, and they work great.

I don't like omelets myself, so I eventually gave it away, and have regretted it
since.

Here's an example:
http://japanesefood.about.com/librar...agoyakipan.htm

and here's a cheap one sold in the US:
http://www.japanesegifts.com/product.php?id=696

BTW, have you any experience with Timeless Wines in Winchester? Thanks...

(Hope you had a nice white Xmas out there -- we just got home from two weeks in
Puerto Rico...)

-- Larry