Sheryl Rosen

Default Yet ANOTHER rude self-appointed newsgroup policeperson

in article , Foghorn at
wrote on 11/2/03 8:44 PM:

> In ,
> Sylvia > typed:
>>> Would you mind quoting all the posts you are replying to?

>> Would you mind not telling others how to post?

http://www.ah61.com/Quoting/whyquote.html

the only way to get her to change her ways (Sylvia, that is, not quoting
context, and not attributing quotes when she does) is to treat her like a
troll and not respond to her blatherings.

If she sees that people really don't appreciate her style, and don't
understand what the hell she's talking about, she might (though it's
unlikely) change her style and adopt the conventions we all use to
communicate with clarity.

Bugging her about it is just feeding the troll.

I think I remember reading one of her posts suggesting people trim their
quotes to just the relevant parts. Maybe that's where this comes
from...she's trying to economize band width. But she takes it to the
extreme, to the point where communication suffers.

I added her to my killfile but it doesn't seem to be working. I'll have to
try again.