Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default the food sucked

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in
message ...
> Nonny said:
>> Damn- sometimes life is bad, bad, bad. Tonight, we had salmon,
>> which was not bad in and of itself and in sufficient
>> quantities,
>> coupled with 3 da*m warmed up, pulpy, flavorless, inedible
>> vegetables: all served in the spirit of dieting, "good for ya',
>> bulls*it". The entire salmon portion I was handed to cook was
>> about 10 ounces for the three of us.
>>
>> Life sucks, and I'm hungry.

> 10 oz for three people. That's even worse than those little 4 oz
> individual
> frozen fish portions, although they are pretty good actually,
> and I just
> compensate by eating two or three. ;-) I figure, hey, it's fish,
> they said I
> should have more of it in my diet because it's good for me, so
> more must be
> even gooder.
>
> I've been handed three different suggested diets which
> compensate for three
> different medical issues, the sum total of which would cause me
> to starve to
> death for lack of anything to eat if I took it all seriously. So
> I err on
> the side of the meats and starches, and life is good. In the
> long run deep
> fried seafood, pasta, and barbecued meats are a fine substitute
> for those
> pesky fresh vegetables, IMO.
>
> Here's hoping Christmas dinner works out a little better for ya.

Thanks for the sympathy, Marty. It was a case last night of three
people in the kitchen with 3 different ideas of what made a good
meal. I normally like salmon and do it voluntarily 3-4 times a
month. We serve it with the ginger butter I posted about and it's
darn good, "company" food. Last night, it was colder than Billy
H*ll here in Las Vegas with winds somewhere in the 40mph range.
That means my grill doesn't get really hot for searing and that
kind of wind blows the IR emitters out on my other grill. Cooking
the salmon last night was arduous, to say the least, and certainly
not what I'd hoped for that evening. Oh well, you lose some and
you win some. It'd be boring if we only told tales of the good
meals, wouldn't it?

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.