Old 23-12-2009, 05:15 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default the food sucked

Damn- sometimes life is bad, bad, bad. Tonight, we had salmon,
which was not bad in and of itself and in sufficient quantities,
coupled with 3 da*m warmed up, pulpy, flavorless, inedible
vegetables: all served in the spirit of dieting, "good for ya',
bulls*it". The entire salmon portion I was handed to cook was
about 10 ounces for the three of us.

Life sucks, and I'm hungry.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Old 23-12-2009, 08:25 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonny wrote:
Damn- sometimes life is bad, bad, bad. Tonight, we had salmon,
which was not bad in and of itself and in sufficient quantities,
coupled with 3 da*m warmed up, pulpy, flavorless, inedible
vegetables: all served in the spirit of dieting, "good for ya',
bulls*it". The entire salmon portion I was handed to cook was
about 10 ounces for the three of us.

Life sucks, and I'm hungry.

I hear ya; low blood sugar's a bitch.
--
Dave

Old 23-12-2009, 07:25 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" wrote in
message ...
Nonny said:
Damn- sometimes life is bad, bad, bad. Tonight, we had salmon,
which was not bad in and of itself and in sufficient
quantities,
coupled with 3 da*m warmed up, pulpy, flavorless, inedible
vegetables: all served in the spirit of dieting, "good for ya',
bulls*it". The entire salmon portion I was handed to cook was
about 10 ounces for the three of us.

Life sucks, and I'm hungry.

10 oz for three people. That's even worse than those little 4 oz
individual
frozen fish portions, although they are pretty good actually,
and I just
compensate by eating two or three. ;-) I figure, hey, it's fish,
they said I
should have more of it in my diet because it's good for me, so
more must be
even gooder.

I've been handed three different suggested diets which
compensate for three
different medical issues, the sum total of which would cause me
to starve to
death for lack of anything to eat if I took it all seriously. So
I err on
the side of the meats and starches, and life is good. In the
long run deep
fried seafood, pasta, and barbecued meats are a fine substitute
for those
pesky fresh vegetables, IMO.

Here's hoping Christmas dinner works out a little better for ya.

Thanks for the sympathy, Marty. It was a case last night of three
people in the kitchen with 3 different ideas of what made a good
meal. I normally like salmon and do it voluntarily 3-4 times a
month. We serve it with the ginger butter I posted about and it's
darn good, "company" food. Last night, it was colder than Billy
H*ll here in Las Vegas with winds somewhere in the 40mph range.
That means my grill doesn't get really hot for searing and that
kind of wind blows the IR emitters out on my other grill. Cooking
the salmon last night was arduous, to say the least, and certainly
not what I'd hoped for that evening. Oh well, you lose some and
you win some. It'd be boring if we only told tales of the good
meals, wouldn't it?

Old 24-12-2009, 02:51 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article ,
"Nonny" wrote:

Damn- sometimes life is bad, bad, bad. Tonight, we had salmon,
which was not bad in and of itself and in sufficient quantities,
coupled with 3 da*m warmed up, pulpy, flavorless, inedible
vegetables: all served in the spirit of dieting, "good for ya',
bulls*it". The entire salmon portion I was handed to cook was
about 10 ounces for the three of us.

Life sucks, and I'm hungry.

This is the Christmas Season. What the hell are you doing dieting? :-)
Even _I_ am not making that mistake this year altho' I am on a
maintenance calorie count so I don't gain any weight back.

That did not keep me from having some of those divine truffles at work
tho', nor one of Wendy's peanut butter balls...

Portion control my friend. g
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Old 24-12-2009, 02:56 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonny wrote:
Damn- sometimes life is bad, bad, bad. Tonight, we had salmon,
which was not bad in and of itself and in sufficient quantities,
coupled with 3 da*m warmed up, pulpy, flavorless, inedible
vegetables: all served in the spirit of dieting, "good for ya',
bulls*it". The entire salmon portion I was handed to cook was
about 10 ounces for the three of us.

Life sucks, and I'm hungry.

You should have made peanut butter sandwiches for the other two people.

Old 24-12-2009, 04:05 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message
Nonny wrote:
Damn- sometimes life is bad, bad, bad. Tonight, we had salmon,
which was not bad in and of itself and in sufficient
quantities,
coupled with 3 da*m warmed up, pulpy, flavorless, inedible
vegetables: all served in the spirit of dieting, "good for ya',
bulls*it". The entire salmon portion I was handed to cook was
about 10 ounces for the three of us.

Life sucks, and I'm hungry.

You should have made peanut butter sandwiches for the other two
people.

You are both right. I was a victim in my own house last night.
TONIGHT, however, it was wings. . . . and darn good ones, so that
mitigates my suffering a good deal. grin

Old 24-12-2009, 03:15 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 24-Dec-2009, "Nonny" wrote:

"Nunya Bidnits" wrote in

.. . .

[...]

I suppose I suffer from some kind of personality defect (Duh!), but I
enjoy the anecdotal horror stories along with the good times. There
isn't much said about wind interfering with grilling, but I'm sure many
of us have experienced it. I know I like to brag about my el cheapo
grill being hot enough to adequately sear a steak, but that's if the
wind is not blowing very hard. Even the little charcoal "Sportsman"
grill falls short if there's much wind even when I build a steel melting
fire in it. I resort to the CI grill pan when it's windy and I can't
forego a good steak. My range vent is barely adequate and often
times I set off the smoke alarms.

--
Brick said that
Old 17-01-2010, 04:22 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

totally relate. as for the vegetables, the misto filled with olive oil can
correct some of that, you spray them then grill or roast as usual, the oil
sprayed on is less to start but it still holds enough spices to make them
worth eating.

Lee ww member for several years now

--
Have a wonderful day

Old 17-01-2010, 04:23 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

lol, Lee

--
Have a wonderful day

Nonny said:
[...]

MartyB

THIS TURKEY MEATLOAF KINDA SUCKED Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] General Cooking 0 05-03-2016 04:33 PM
the food sucked Brick[_3_] Barbecue 0 24-12-2009 02:53 PM
WARNING - Redwood Food Company - chilled food delivery health concerns. Gary Vegan 0 27-11-2008 04:22 PM
Documentary 'The Future of Food' about the threat posed by genetically modified food & Monsanto Sparrow General Cooking 0 15-07-2007 05:38 PM
I got sucked into buying chicken dogs. James[_1_] General Cooking 44 24-03-2007 05:47 PM