Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default TN: 6 guys taste 11 2006 Bordeaux

DaleW > wrote in news:c08daf32-dc00-4e2c-b74d-cd407d39f637
@p8g2000yqb.googlegroups.com:

>> I recently went to a tasting of 2006 Bordeaux wines and as a rule I
>> found them not that interesting. I think this may end up being a weak
>> vintage.

> While there were some wines I stylistically didn't like, I think my
> overall impression is good though not great vintage. Of course small
> sample.
> I might be a buyer if there are some good price reductions.

Interesting. I tasted over 300 wines en primeur and thought that 2006 was
actually excellent in Pomerol with Saint Emilion being more irregular.

It might become an interesting and under the radar vintage for Pomerol
specially. Sort of a 2001 which gave very good wines that were not hunted
by hordes of point drinkers.

s.