Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default Food from toaster oven doesn't retain heat

"Christopher M." > wrote in message
> The food from my toaster oven, like waffles and crumpets, doesn't retain
> heat after I cook it. Is it because the food is dry?
>

> W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

What variety of food? Meat, vegetable, starch, pastry? How thick is the food
you're having trouble with? What is the wattage and size of your unit? If
you have a countertop "cheapie" like most of us that's somewhat of a moot
point.

I suspect you're "toasting", or broiling and baking at the same time at a
relatively high temp compared to your regular oven, and the interior of the
food just doesn't get cooked when the outer surface does. Lower your temp.
Increase your baking time.

Kent