Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default I'm going to make Bourbon Truffles this year!

Goomba wrote:
> Jean B. wrote:
>
>> Although not addressed to me, thank you! It seems every year, I
>> ponder this anew, comparing many recipes. I figure YOU know!!!!

> Jean, you need to google up Kay Hartman's Truffle recipes. She was the
> RFC Truffle Goddess and was famous for them. I'm hoping to make some for
> gifts this year also... assuming I can get my act together for it? LOL

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on this right now, but the
first hit is this rather boozy one:

<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.food.cooking/browse_thread/thread/ac3d89177d0573c1/f571b553a71282b1?q=truffles+group:rec.food.cooking +author:Kay+author:Hartman#f571b553a71282b1>

or

http://tinyurl.com/yej4jqf

In another iteration, she says you can sub 1/4 c cream for 9 Tbsps
liqueur. That may be a mistake, because elsewhere she subs an
equal amount.

To give credit where credit is due, earlier, in 1995, she said
"The truffles I make are a variation of the recipe published once
in the
Williams Sonoma catalogue."

--
Jean B.