Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Default Guacamole

Becca wrote:

> The Blue Shell Restaurant in Brownsville, TX is a Hispanic seafood
> restaurant that is near the Texas-Mexico border. I ordered guacamole as
> an appetizer. They delivered the avocados to the table in a molcajete,
> with chopped onions, tomatoes, garlic, cilantro and lime wedges on the
> side. Salt was on the table. You could make the guac just like you
> like it.

Now that's pretty kewl <G>. I've never seen that anywhere, but I'm not
surprised it exists, especially in Brownsville. It's akin to 'some'
seafood restaurants having the mixin's on the table for diners to make
their own 'coctail' sauce*.

Sky

*Perhaps it's a 'Southern' custom?

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!