Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Jill, thanks for the cauliflower recipe

In article >,
(Phred) wrote:

> In article >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:
> >In article >,
> > "jmcquown" > wrote:

> >> I have no idea what Peter is talking about. Au gratin is cooking a term,
> >> it's not designed to impress anyone.

> >I disagree. Who would make a dish called "Crummy Cauliflower"?

> Probably the same people who use something called SAP as a corporate
> database. Oh... They're often public service departments here...
> That figures! :-)

"SAP" stands for Systeme, Anwendungen und Produkte in der
Datenverarbeitung. They are the largest business software company in
the world. Perhaps the word "sap" doesn't have a meaning in German.
I've never heard it pronounced as one syllable, but rather as three. I
spent several years working with software called PeopleSoft. They are
major competitors.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA