Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL[_17_] PeterL[_17_] is offline

Default Jill, thanks for the cauliflower recipe

Dan Abel > wrote in news:dabel-FDD706.19355804122009@c-61-
68-245-199.per.connect.net.au:

> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:

>> > Well, I just call it cheese sauce. What does that make me? <G>

>> I have no idea what Peter is talking about. Au gratin is cooking a

term,
>> it's not designed to impress anyone.

> I disagree. Who would make a dish called "Crummy Cauliflower"?
> "Cauliflower au Gratin" sounds much more impressive, even though it
> means about the same.

Yep.

Mornay = cheese sauce (usually with bread crumbs on top)
Bechamel = cheese sauce
Au Gratin = cheese sauce with bread crumbs on top.

All fancy names for the one thing.

Of course, there are the tightwads/stingy people amongst us who wouldn't
put any cheese in the sauce, then it's basically just a white sauce.

Jillymac still hasn't come back with how to "cook a term" though. I'd be
interested to know what one tastes like :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,