Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. is offline

Default Jill, thanks for the cauliflower recipe

ViLco wrote:
> PeterL wrote:
>

>>IIRC... about 14 years ago, on the one and only time that we've every
>>bought a turkey..... I had to make a turkey and broccoli "gratin"
>>with the plethora of turkey leftovers, but over here, and it seems
>>over there, it's really called a *Mornay*.
>>
>>A white cheese sauce over leftover meat/veges.

> On this NG I learned that Mornay sauce is essentially a bechamel sauce with
> some added cheese, wherever you put it.

Yes but how many people think a bechamel is just a 'white sauce' butter,
flour and liquid?

And of course a cordon bleu Mornay sauce will be made with the cooking
liquid of the food it is to be served with, fish stock if serving it
over fish and "when mornay sauce is required for dishes other than for
fish, the preparation is the same except that the fish cooking liquor is
replaced by cooking liquor from the dish under preparation or milk as
the case may be."
--
Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.