Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_15_] Andy[_15_] is offline

Default "Good Morning WORLD...!!!" Post - Turkey Day Breakfast...!!!

After a belly full of Thanksgiving with the family, and three NFL games
later, I made the sorry mistake of joining my nephew and his wife to
Black Friday shopping beginning at 5am this morning. I'm usually up
before that so I didn't see an issue. I'd seen the chaos on TV but wanted
to see it up close with my own eyes. Aunt and uncle and niece stayed
behind to look after the youngsters.

They dragged me off the basement couch at 4:30 in the morning. I was not
pleased.

On the way, we stopped at Dunkin' Donuts. I had an Apple cheese danish
and a tall cup of high octane coffee. I thought that might beat the
morning exhaustion.

Standing in lines in the wind and cold and rain AND at the registers,
that idea quickly failed.

Standing on my tired feet for hours I just about fainted a few times.

I refused to set foot in Wal*Mart so I sat in the car as they shopped
there. I needed the rest!!!

By the time we got back to nephew's house at about 11am, I went back to
the couch and fell asleep. Woke up 3pm and came upstairs and they were
all watching college football and drinking beer and nibbling leftovers.

Hugged and kissed them all goodbye and got home at 5:30pm.

Feet feel like I'm walking on blisters.

Tomorrow's another day.

Andy