Old 24-11-2009, 10:45 PM posted to alt.food.wine
IanH IanH is offline

Default Pinot Grigio

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:46:27 -0700, Ken Blake
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:08:22 +0100, IanH wrote:

Anyway, I guess you have travelled abroad enough to know that Grüner
Veltliner, whether powerful or not is almost unknown in restaurants
outside Austria, more's the pity.

Here in the USA, or at least in Tucson where I live, it's far from
being unknown. Not every restaurant has it on its wine list, but
several of them do.

That's very interesting, because since I've known Michael and since
the tasting he gave me, I've tended to look out for the grape, and see
it VERY rarely. You're fortunate. I'd not expect to find it here in
France, but it's not common in the UK either.
--
All the best
Fatty from Forges