Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default pumpkin pie with condensed milk

On Nov 23, 8:46*pm, Tara > wrote:
> I bought a can of Kroger brand pumpkin for my Thanksgiving pumpkin
> pie. *The recipe on the back calls for a can of condensed milk, with
> instructions for substituting evaporated milk and sugar. * I plan on
> following the evaporated milk plan, as that is how the Libby's recipe
> reads, but I am interested in the condensed milk recipe. * *Has anyone
> ever tried it?
>
> Tara

I can't help you with that, and I'm not going to holler at you for
using
canned milk, but I always use heavy cream. It isn't any more
difficult
than using evaporated milk, and the results are much better.

Here's my recipe:

http://www.adi.com/~hamilton/recipes/pumpkinpie.txt

Actually, I think it's Craig Claiborne's, and makes two pies (even
though I try to shoehorn it into one).

And the crust:

http://www.adi.com/~hamilton/recipes/tartcrust.txt