Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default pumpkin pie with condensed milk

Tara wrote:

> I bought a can of Kroger brand pumpkin for my Thanksgiving pumpkin
> pie. The recipe on the back calls for a can of condensed milk, with
> instructions for substituting evaporated milk and sugar. I plan on
> following the evaporated milk plan, as that is how the Libby's recipe
> reads, but I am interested in the condensed milk recipe. Has anyone
> ever tried it?
>
> Tara

I haven't tried it, but I think it would be a bit too sweet for my
tastes. A can of Borden / Eagle sweetened condensed milk indicates it
contains 230g of sugars (23g x 10 servings), the 3/4c of sugar the
Libby's recipe calls for weighs 140g, so it would seem the other recipe
has a good deal more sugar.