Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default U use Brita water system?

Beea wrote:

> "FERRANTE" > wrote in message
> >I usually buy bottled water and a friend of mine uses the Brita system
> > for his drinking water and he likes it. Anyone here use it and if so,
> > your thoughts on the taste of the water? Also, how many gallons get
> > one get from a filter before it has to be changed?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark

> Where is Sheldon with his reverse osmosis spiel?
> Reverse Osmosis is the way to go for good drinking water.

Certainly RO water will be superior to ordinary carbon block filtered
water, but may be overkill depending on how bad your source water is. RO
filter systems use carbon block filters as their first stage since
chlorine is bad for the expensive RO membrane.

I used an RO system in my previous house where I had lousy city water
and it was great. At my current place we have co-op water that is quite
good, so I haven't added any extra filtering.