Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Muncie Bob Muncie is offline

Default U use Brita water system?

FERRANTE wrote:
> I usually buy bottled water and a friend of mine uses the Brita system
> for his drinking water and he likes it. Anyone here use it and if so,
> your thoughts on the taste of the water? Also, how many gallons get
> one get from a filter before it has to be changed?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Mark -

I live in the boonies, and have a water softener that filters. So my
options are slightly different. And with well water, I have the hardness
issues, not the fluoride/chlorine issues.

For drinking water, I changed from bottled water to filtered water when
last I upgraded my refrigerator. I have a Maytag I am happy with. The
filters for the water dispenser are about $30 US each, but they filter
approximately 600 US gallons each. It does meter the water so I know
when to replace the filter via a light indicator.

Just another option.

Bob