Posted to rec.food.cooking
Piet de Arcilla Piet de Arcilla is offline

Default Regular yeast versus Rapid rise yeast

On Nov 23, 5:38*am, Manda Ruby > wrote:
> Regular yeast versus Rapid rise yeast
>
> With rapid rise yeast, am I supposed to not let the dough (for naan)
> sits 6 hours like with the regular yeast as shown in a youtube video
> for naan by manjula? Then for how logn do I let it sit? What would
> happen if I do?

My understanding is that rapid rise yeast is really just like regular
yeast except it has a higher proportion of live cells. So you can
probably use less of it. If you use the right amount, it should still
take the same time. However, I don't go by the clock for rising time;
I just wait until the bread seems to have risen enough.