Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Another Score

Went to Costco the other day and as some know Breakfast is Whey protein,
Milk, Banana, Oat Bran, Flax seed (ground) & blueberries (we use frozen to
make the shake cold) - No i am not a health food nut - but the shake is
filling and who knows if it is doing any good.

The blueberries are the most expensive part of this concoction. Normally
the best I can do on Blueberries is about 3 bucks a pound more or less.

So I was doing a major restock when I came across 5 pound bags of frozen -
for - are you sitting down? $5.99 a bag - I picked up 4 getting ready for a
fight at the cash register - No fight that was the price. a measly $5.99 or
$1.25 per pound.

I needed top to back the next day - to pick up some Xmas gifts - I could not
resist now I have 35+ pounds of frozen blueberries - So to augment things
tonight there's a bread, blueberry, crasins pudding baking....

:-) a good weekend.

Oh yes

2.5 cups milk
3 eggs
1/3 cup each brown sugar & white sugar (total 2/3 cup)
1 t Vanilla
1/2 t cinnamon
about 2 cups blueberries 1/2 cup crasins
a bunch of slices of stale home made sourdough.

Baking in a Bain Marie for 65 to 70 minutes.

We'll see how it turns out

--
Dimitri

Mirepoix