Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default New Meat Grinder

koko wrote:

> I'm convinced, nothing beats home ground beef, or beef ground at home,
> or freshly ground beef at home, oh...you know what I mean.
>
> Last weekend I bought a meat grinder attachment for my Kitchen Aid
> mixer, and on the way home I bought a beautiful chuck roast.
> http://i33.tinypic.com/2rbyr0w.jpg
>
> Trimmed up the meat and cut it into chunks.
> http://i34.tinypic.com/2j64kud.jpg
>
> Ran the meat through the new grinder.
> http://i36.tinypic.com/34o3vc8.jpg
>
> Mmmm beautiful freshly ground beef.
> http://i36.tinypic.com/10xd2qg.jpg
>
> Divided the beef into one pound packages and got it ready for the
> freezer.
> http://i37.tinypic.com/kda7tw.jpg
>
> I had enough beef leftover for a burger. Nice and lean, delicioso.
> http://i35.tinypic.com/2iapo4x.jpg
>
> And that's that.
>
> koko
> --
>
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> George Bernard Shaw
> www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 11/10

Two notes:

1. Cut the meat into strips, not chunks, as the strips are less effort
to feed into the grinder.

2. Do not grind then freeze, this negates much of the benefit of
grinding meat at home. The grinding should be done immediately before
it's going to be cooked, minutes count. If you are going to freeze,
freeze the whole cut, and then grind it immediately before use after
defrosting.