Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default Never to be drunk w/food

On Nov 1, 1:45*pm, cwdjrxyz > wrote:
> Another Yquem
> match is with Timbales de Sheepshead a l'Ambassadrice(does anyone know
> what goes in this dish?).

Sheepshead is a fish http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheepshead_(fish) .
I could not find the dish made from this fish, but I did find a dish
called Timbale of Fillets of Sole from the late 1800s that may
indicate how such dishes are made. A timbale paste is made from 1
pound of flour, 3/4 pound butter, 5 egg yolks and some salt and water.
This is used to bake a large timbale shell using a special timbale
pan. The inside of the baked timbale is glazed( I would guess that a
fish or chicken glaze would be used). The sole fillets are poached in
butter with salt and lemon juice. Then allemande sauce with minced
truffles and mushrooms is added to the sole and this mixture is used
to fill the timbale shell. Crayfish are used to garnish the top. There
also is another garnish in the form of little pasta cakes with yet
more truffles. Such a dish would be extremely rich and would require a
wine of great intensity not to be over powered by it. Yquem perhaps
has the needed intensity, but I am not sure the match would please
some modern tastes.