Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: MSR, satellite Bdx, and Prosecco

On Oct 19, 1:35*pm, Mike Tommasi > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > Last night we went to the home of our friends Jim and Dana, bringing
> > the dog to play with her friend Courtney. Another couple joined us (a
> > celebration of Oct birthdays) and Jim prepared a nice dinner of ham,
> > blackeyed peas, kale, and a cornbread/mizuna salad (I checked my
> > calendar and location to make sure it wasn't New Years in the South).

> > They greeted us with the NV Zardetto Prosecco. Light, appley, fresh,
> > good acidity, slightly coarse mousse. B-

> Not sure if it can be found in the US, I recently bought prosecco from
> Bele Casel, of Luca Ferraro, a young winemaker that manages to put in
> his prosecco the tastes that I remember from the home-made prosecchi
> that my friend in Refrontolo makes. Three different wines are made, all
> super good and priced at around 4-7€, including a "millesimato" (vintage).
>
> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Thanks, Bele Casel is a new one to me. Ranges from $12-17. Of the
stores I shop at, only Woodland Hills and Winex carry. But Moore
Brothers in NY and DE does, I've been meaning to stop by their NY
store. Will give a try. Not 4 euros, but still I'll try one bottle