Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: MSR, satellite Bdx, and Prosecco

Last night we went to the home of our friends Jim and Dana, bringing
the dog to play with her friend Courtney. Another couple joined us (a
celebration of Oct birthdays) and Jim prepared a nice dinner of ham,
blackeyed peas, kale, and a cornbread/mizuna salad (I checked my
calendar and location to make sure it wasn't New Years in the South).

They greeted us with the NV Zardetto Prosecco. Light, appley, fresh,
good acidity, slightly coarse mousse. B-

I had carried the 2007 Meulenhof Erdener Treppchen Spatlese. Good with
the ham, tropical fruits and apple, good length, but this is one of
those 2007s where I see the softness to the acids some complain of. B

I also brought the 2005 Ste. Colombe (Cotes de Castillon) as Jim isn't
so much a white wine guy. Plummy, some tannic structure, modern and
easy. Good with the harder cheeses. B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an
excellent*wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I
wouldn't*drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I
offer no*promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of
consistency.**