Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_8_] Joseph Coulter[_8_] is offline

Default "Great Wine Capital" of the World

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 08:09:50 +0200, Michael Pronay >
wrote:

>Joseph Coulter > wrote:
>
>>> Thus said, the only capital in the world with a serious wine
>>> industry within its limits is Vienna, Austria, with some 700
>>> hectares of vineyards.

>> The Parisiennes

>Interesting: Why do you exclude their male counterparts, the
>Parisiens?

M. Pronay surely you understand, I am only a man I am so predictable
in these things.<(VBG>
>> will surely inform you that quanity alone does not make for
>> vinyards in a Capital. Especially when the capital of France is
>> being neglected. Paris, too, has its vines and wines. :-)

>That's why I said *serious* wine industry, in the sense that the
>wine is accessible to anybody, which definitely is not the case
>for Montmartre produce.
>
>M.

Please bear in mind that I meant no disrespect to the Vienese wine
industry. I was playing with the capitals and wine aspect only.
Joseph Coulter
Joseph Coulter Cruises and Vacations
www.josephcoulter.com