Posted to rec.food.equipment
pltrgyst[_1_] pltrgyst[_1_] is offline

Default Glass Cookware on Smooth Glass Ceramic Cooktops

On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 08:02:50 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>Most heat resistant glass will explode if placed on an open coil electric
>burner. I'm theorizing that since the glass range top is a barrier to the
>heating coil that it won't pose a problem. I hope I'm right. :-)

I used Visionware (specifically, the 2-1/2 qt. saucepan) on open coil and solid
surface electrics for over 15 years, and never had a problem.

But the manuals for both generations of my GE glass cooktops advised:

"Glass-ceramic: Usable, but not recommended. Poor performance. May scratch
surface."

so I gave the Visionware away.

-- Larry