Posted to rec.food.cooking
PickyJaz PickyJaz is offline

Default A great find

On Oct 17, 1:25*pm, Gloria P > wrote:
> I opened a jar of Penzey's Pasta Sprinkle for the first time and
> sniffed. *Wow, what a wonderful aroma blend!
>
> The label says *"Sweet basil, Turkish Oregano, thyme and garlic".
> I think the basil predominates but its flavor isn't overwhelming.
>
> It will be terrific also sprinkled on cooked pasta with either
> olive oil or butter. *Wonderful on garlic bread, too, I bet.

Your other use ideas are good ones that will be an extra prize with
this, and here's another.
I like to make fresh buttermilk biscuits, either from Bisquick or from
scratch. I often add shredded sharp cheddar and a good amount of the
Penzeys Pasta Sprinkle, plus fresh ground black pepper to the dough.
These make very good go-alongs with either salads or soups & stews. I
bake up plenty when making them to share at work, so for nine cups of
dry mix, I add near two cups of cheddar, 1 Tbsp. of pepper and 1-fat
Tbsp. of the seasoning. Bake time is the same as without, and when
serving them at work I nuke a plate of two or three (uncut) for 30
seconds to then spread butter atop each. The Marines try sneaking
them for extras throughout the day, and my co-worker/girlfriend who
watches for the container not to empty too fast is a biscuit hiding
freak!
....Picky