Posted to alt.food.sushi
robert ratskywatsky robert ratskywatsky is offline

Default Tipping at AYCE buffets?

Tipping. I was listening to an old 1940's radio show and they
mentioned that the standard tip then was 10%. I hate the whole
concept of tipping. It's like the optional dispensing of charity by a
benevolent, or not benevolent as the case may be, master to the
servants. The only time I ever worked for tips was when i drove a
taxicab on the night shift in NYC while attending college. I hated
the whole tipping business. I was working hard. Why did I have to
depend upon charity? Tipping is not practiced in many countries, like
Japan for instance.