Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Buttermilk biscuits... kinda

On 2009-10-06, Ranee at Arabian Knits > wrote:

> learned from a KA Flours video that using it in brownies requires
> letting it rest overnight to absorb more liquid to soften the bran.

The biscuits turned out good. Not what I wanted, but decent
biscuit-like texture for a wheat bran. The dough was pretty wet,
probably for the reason you give above, not enough moisture
absorption. I jes sprinkled extra flour to make the dough somewhat
handy (though still wettish) and went for it. They baked up ok, and
had nice flavor and good rise. I'd do it again, but would rather have
white flour. Overall, I'd rate it a successful experiment.

nb