Posted to alt.food.barbecue
theron theron is offline

Default Roasts on rotisserie

"Meathead" > wrote in message
> Have any of you done a big roast on a rotisserie with a spear (not a
> basket) and found that the spear conducted heat and cooked the center
> too fast?
>
> meathead
> http://amazingribs.com

Yes, though I think it depends somewhat on the kind of metal in the
spear[what's a spear?]. What kind of roast were you to roast.. I roast
different "roasty" meats on the grill indirectly and I haven't used the
rotisserie for a long time. You sure don't need it for turkey, standing rib,
or leg of lamb. It's desirable for duck and goose because you can render,
and save the fat for cassoulet or any other similar dish where you want to
use duck fat.

Ed