Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Roasts on rotisserie

Have any of you done a big roast on a rotisserie with a spear (not a
basket) and found that the spear conducted heat and cooked the center
too fast?

meathead
http://amazingribs.com
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Meathead" > wrote in message
> Have any of you done a big roast on a rotisserie with a spear (not a
> basket) and found that the spear conducted heat and cooked the center
> too fast?
>
> meathead
> http://amazingribs.com

Yes, though I think it depends somewhat on the kind of metal in the
spear[what's a spear?]. What kind of roast were you to roast.. I roast
different "roasty" meats on the grill indirectly and I haven't used the
rotisserie for a long time. You sure don't need it for turkey, standing rib,
or leg of lamb. It's desirable for duck and goose because you can render,
and save the fat for cassoulet or any other similar dish where you want to
use duck fat.

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:
> "Meathead" > wrote in message
>> Have any of you done a big roast on a rotisserie with a spear (not a
>> basket) and found that the spear conducted heat and cooked the center
>> too fast?

> Yes, though I think it depends somewhat on the kind of metal in the
> spear[what's a spear?].

Quit being so shit-faced obtuse, Kent.

> What kind of roast were you to roast.. I
> roast different "roasty" meats on the grill indirectly and I haven't
> used the rotisserie for a long time. You sure don't need it for
> turkey, standing rib, or leg of lamb.

You don't need it with ANY meat, but rotisserie works quit effectively for
the ones you mentioned.

> It's desirable for duck and
> goose because you can render, and save the fat for cassoulet or any
> other similar dish where you want to use duck fat.

Gee, a solution void of a question. I bet Meathead now thinks you are a
grillin' god.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Theron wrote:
>> "Meathead" > wrote in message
>>> Have any of you done a big roast on a rotisserie with a spear (not a
>>> basket) and found that the spear conducted heat and cooked the center
>>> too fast?

>> Yes, though I think it depends somewhat on the kind of metal in the
>> spear[what's a spear?].

> Quit being so shit-faced obtuse, Kent.
>
>> What kind of roast were you to roast.. I
>> roast different "roasty" meats on the grill indirectly and I haven't
>> used the rotisserie for a long time. You sure don't need it for
>> turkey, standing rib, or leg of lamb.

> You don't need it with ANY meat, but rotisserie works quit effectively for
> the ones you mentioned.
>
>> It's desirable for duck and
>> goose because you can render, and save the fat for cassoulet or any
>> other similar dish where you want to use duck fat.

> Gee, a solution void of a question. I bet Meathead now thinks you are a
> grillin' god.
>
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

Troll

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:

> Troll

Kent, you are just, plain stupid as a bag-o-rocks with your interpretation
of a troll. But why change what seems to work so well for you, eh?

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Theron wrote:
>
>> Troll

> Kent, you are just, plain stupid as a bag-o-rocks with your interpretation
> of a troll. But why change what seems to work so well for you, eh?
>
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

Definition of TROLL, from Wikipedia:

Internet-trolling means posting irrelevant, controversial, equivocating,
ambiguous, or unclear response to a genuine set of arguments. Those who do
such things are called as "an internet troll." It is commonly done in
discussion forums or in usenet newsgroups.

The above comment I would view as an attempt to initiate a flame.

You needn't respond. That would be a service to our NG.

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 25, 10:10*am, "Theron" > wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message

> You needn't respond. That would be a service to our NG.

Yes, it does serve our group when he responds, very unlike your own
participation that too often includes dangerous misinformation.

Sanity check time Kent, you've been laughed off *how* many NG's now?

Time to face the reality that you're the ass, kay?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:

> Definition of TROLL, from Wikipedia:

We know what a troll is. Sorry you don't. But being out-of-the-loop seems de
rigeur for you. Now, for the definition of troll, look in Merriam-Webster
under 'Kent'.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Duwop wrote:

> Yes, it does serve our group when he responds, very unlike your own
> participation that too often includes dangerous misinformation.

Like the time he insisted that morton Kosher Salt weighed twice as much as
it did.

Then think about all those calculations he does with nitrites and PPM's...
Do you want to get involved in his nitrite discussions, or worse, truct
his "calculations"? Best not to :-)

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> Duwop wrote:
>
>> Yes, it does serve our group when he responds, very unlike your own
>> participation that too often includes dangerous misinformation.

> Like the time he insisted that morton Kosher Salt weighed twice as
> much as it did.
>
> Then think about all those calculations he does with nitrites and
> PPM's... Do you want to get involved in his nitrite discussions, or
> worse, truct his "calculations"? Best not to :-)

But..but... that's part of the extemporaneous rhetorical glamour which Kent
says draws newbies to this NG like fruit flies to over-ripe peaches.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Theron wrote:
>
>> Troll

> Kent, you are just, plain stupid as a bag-o-rocks with your interpretation
> of a troll. But why change what seems to work so well for you, eh?
>
> --
> Dave

I think the definition cross posting is sending your message simultaneously
to two NGs in the same message[sort of cc'ing it], That screws up the
coherency of the thread. Sending the same or similar messages to two similar
NGs at the same time shouldn't violate Netiquette, though I suppose there
are those that will argue that. The subject is addressed slightly
differently on both NGs, and the threads are different. There are grillers
in rec.food.cooking.

Ed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Theron wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> Theron wrote:
>>
>>> Troll

>> Kent, you are just, plain stupid as a bag-o-rocks with your
>> interpretation of a troll. But why change what seems to work so well
>> for you, eh? --
>> Dave
>>

> I think the definition cross posting is sending your message
> simultaneously to two NGs in the same message[sort of cc'ing it],
> That screws up the coherency of the thread. Sending the same or
> similar messages to two similar NGs at the same time shouldn't
> violate Netiquette, though I suppose there are those that will argue
> that. The subject is addressed slightly differently on both NGs, and
> the threads are different. There are grillers in rec.food.cooking.

Wow. This is so typical of kent-behavior. Anything said simply flies over
your head and you keep microanalyzing the number of angels dancing on the
head of a pin. <shaking head>

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Meathead" > wrote in message
> Have any of you done a big roast on a rotisserie with a spear (not a
> basket) and found that the spear conducted heat and cooked the center
> too fast?
>
> meathead
> http://amazingribs.com

We have used a Farberware rotisserie for over 30 years - never had that
problem.

General instructions say to move the food pretty close to the hear source.

Hope this helps.

--
Dimitri
Coming soon:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In ,
Dave Bugg >spewed forth:
> Theron wrote:

>>> Kent, you are just, plain stupid as a bag-o-rocks with your
>>> interpretation of a troll. But why change what seems to work so well
>>> for you, eh? --
>>> Dave
>>>

>> I think the definition cross posting is sending your message
>> simultaneously to two NGs in the same message[sort of cc'ing it],
>> That screws up the coherency of the thread. Sending the same or
>> similar messages to two similar NGs at the same time shouldn't
>> violate Netiquette, though I suppose there are those that will argue
>> that. The subject is addressed slightly differently on both NGs, and
>> the threads are different. There are grillers in rec.food.cooking.

> Wow. This is so typical of kent-behavior. Anything said simply flies
> over your head and you keep microanalyzing the number of angels
> dancing on the head of a pin. <shaking head>

meet sandra kaufman<g>

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

ChairMan wrote:
> In ,
> Dave Bugg >spewed forth:
>> Theron wrote:

>>> I think the definition cross posting is sending your message
>>> simultaneously to two NGs in the same message[sort of cc'ing it],
>>> That screws up the coherency of the thread. Sending the same or
>>> similar messages to two similar NGs at the same time shouldn't
>>> violate Netiquette, though I suppose there are those that will argue
>>> that. The subject is addressed slightly differently on both NGs, and
>>> the threads are different. There are grillers in rec.food.cooking.

>> Wow. This is so typical of kent-behavior. Anything said simply flies
>> over your head and you keep microanalyzing the number of angels
>> dancing on the head of a pin. <shaking head>

> meet sandra kaufman<g>

LOL!!!

--
Dave