Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick[_2_] Janet Bostwick[_2_] is offline

Default king arthur flour

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:16:47 GMT, PeterL2 >
> wrote:
>
>>sf > wrote in news:ehe6b5ppda1shekhh5rt50sauiligvuvf2@
>>4ax.com:
>>

>>> Looking at one of my cooking magazines and came across an ad for King
>>> Arthur Flour. It both perplexed and amused me. The ad says....
>>>
>>> unbleached
>>> white whole wheat
>>> flour
>>>
>>> HUH? Whazzat mean? Sounds like something for everyone.
>>>

>>http://www.kingarthurflour.com/

> Do you think I would have asked if I understood what the h*ll they
> were talking about? It's either whole wheat or white, not both.

There are 2 whole wheat flours. One is the traditional whole wheat ground
from hard red spring wheat, the other is white whole wheat ground from hard
white wheat. The white whole wheat is naturally lighter in color and taste
and is not bleached to make it white. The white whole wheat has all the
nutrients and properties of traditional whole wheat. It is the same except
for color. It is not an all purpose flour.
Janet