Posted to alt.food.wine
Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] Lawrence Leichtman[_2_] is offline

Default WTN: BiL's 50th, w/'59 Primitivo, plus Burg, Germans, "old" CdP, Bdx, Loire, Prosecco

In article
DaleW > wrote:

> On Sep 14, 12:23*pm, Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> >
> > *DaleW > wrote:
> > > 1959 Antonio Ferrari Solaria Jonica (Puglia)

> > One other note this is now a $150+ wine and I didn't pay anywhere near
> > that originally. The receipt says $49.

> I don't think with decent storage one would need to worry about this
> at all, wines of this style aren't the least bit fragile, no reason it
> couldn't go another 30-40.
>
> But if you paid $49 someone screwed up (and you were the
> beneficiary!) . I paid $99 at Zachys about 4 years ago, and that was
> definitely best price I'd seen since release (or since). WS Pro shows
> it for no less than $109 for now-2005, and when it was released in
> 2004 it was about $130-150,. In general prices have been rather
> stable.

Yep local, dealer had it marked as $49, price label is still on the
bottle. I didn't know the value at the time and your note prompted me to
look at the current price. Didn't know what a good deal I had gotten. I
assume they mismarked it but it is a place that doesn't keep good track
of it's prices to begin with.