Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] rossr35253@forteinc.com is offline

Default If the lamb or goat curry at the Indian buffet tastes like beef,

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 23:11:28 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
> wrote:

>On Sep 5, 3:30*pm, wrote:
>> On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 22:28:53 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >Duh.. Have you seen any Indian restaurants that sell beef? *No. Why do
>> >you think that is? The reason is that if they sells beef, Hindu
>> >Indians will not come and they'll lose a big clientele.

>> You should perhaps reserve the "Duh" for yourself.
>> We have several very fine Indian restaurants within easy driving
>> distance of home. *All the following dishes are available at one or
>> more of them, with chicken, lamb or BEEF.

>If you are talkign about the restaurants in US, you are lying.

No, I'm not lying but you are certainly oblivious to the facts.
Here's a double "Duh" for you.
Read the last two sentences in my reply. Or, to save you time, here
they are again:
<Quote>
The above mentioned restaurants are located in Canada which is not
much different from the USA.
But, a quick Google search of menus at Indian themed restaurants in
the USA also produced many with beef.
<End Quote>
Now, for your edification and enlightenment, two minutes on Google
found literally hundreds of Indian restaurants in NY State alone.
Another 2 or 3 minutes checking their menus found no shortage of beef
dishes:
http://www.devinyc.com/index.html
or this one: http://www.thaliofindia.com/meatmenu.asp
or this one: