Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default From frozen dough to starter?

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 03:54:13 -0700, "Theron" >
wrote:

>I recently defrosted a doughball and it raised a very very small amount over
>10 or so hours. It smells sour-doughy, if there is such a thing. Should I
>use it as a biga or should I throw it away. I don't think it's infected with
>anything.
>
>Ed

Just take a tiny bit of it, mix it with equal amounts
water/flour, allow to ferment, reseed a couple of times, and you will
have a true homegrown starter. Looks like you are half way there
anyway
I would not use it as it is, as the nasties have not been
bullied out by the sourdough acidity yet.
[]'s