Posted to rec.food.cooking
Miche[_3_] Miche[_3_] is offline

Default If the lamb or goat curry at the Indian buffet tastes like beef,

In article
Manda Ruby > wrote:

> It is BEEF.
>
> I onced ahd that. No one can lie to me about the taste of beef but I
> told myself that they'd not do that because their religion forbids
> eating beef. Now, I have realized that the only reason the Indian
> restaurants do not sell beef is due to social pressure among peers.
> They mix in beef in their lamb or goat curry.

Which Indians are you talking about? Not all Indians are Hindus, not by
a long shot.

If the place is run by Muslims (as many curry restaurants in New Zealand
are), there may indeed be beef in the menu (but there won't be pork).

However, if they advertise goat or lamb curry, it should be the meat
specified, and not beef.

Miche

--
Electricians do it in three phases