Posted to alt.food.sushi
KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default White Tuna

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> We've been there before many times but my congratulations on being able to
> metabolize escolar This is from Wikipedia and fits my experience too. I
> did have it once and found it delicious for about 6 hours.
>
> "Because of the possible effects of consumption, escolar has been banned
> from consumption in Japan since 1977, as the Japanese government considers
> it toxic It has also been banned in Italy..In 1999, the Swedish and Danish
> National Food Administrations informed fish trade associations and fish
> importing companies about the problems escolar and related fish could
> cause if not prepared properly and issued recommendations"
>
> --
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

I thought of mentioning that, but figured it was fairly well known. I don't
have problems with it in the reasonable portions that I consume, as
infrequently as I have access to it. Even if I know it's going to clean me
out pretty good the next day, it would still be worth it.

--
KLC Lewis

WISCONSIN
Where It's So Cool Outside, Nobody Stays Indoors Napping
www.KLCLewisStudios.com