Posted to alt.food.sushi
Wilson[_3_] Wilson[_3_] is offline

Default soy & ponzu

sometime in the recent past Dan Logcher posted this:
> Lori Lee wrote:
>> Once and for all, do I need to store opened bottles of low sodium soy
>> & ponzu in the refrigerator? Or is table top just fine?

> You do not need to store in the fridge, but it will extend the shelf life.
> I've found large bottles of soy will last longer in the fridge. If the
> bottle
> is small or you use it quickly enough, why bother.

Dan, you say last longer. Just curious because I've never noticed that it
changed no matter how long it sat around unless, of course, it was left open
and evaporated. But that would just make it saltier and less likely to spoil.

Oops, reread and I notice the OP was talking about low sodium which might
have a shorter shelf life. However, just looking at my bottle of Marukan
Ponzu (sudachi citrus marinade,) it does say 'Refrigerate after opening for
quality.'

--
Wilson 44.69, -67.3