Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Bresola

We were on a cruise and for the first time I encountered Bresola.
While not a BBQ item, it's like Prosciutto Ham, and is something
that also has a place on a table. Essentially, it's an air cured
beef version of prosciutto, served paper thin and eaten either
around something like a breadstick, cheese spread, melon slice or
even for more flavoring on a sandwich. Here's a URL I found about
making it.

http://www.wellhungmeat.com/recipes/Bresola.php

The stuff we had on the cruise was imported from Italy, and used
South American beef to get around the mad cow fear. It is dark
mahogany in color, not as dry as you'd think, and the flavor is
incredible.

--
Nonny

If elections would really change things,
Congress would immediately make voting illegal.