Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default BBQ without Charcoal or Lava Rocks?

Mikie wrote:

> Just started in BBQ grilling.

Bbq and grilling are two seperate methods of cooking.

> Anybody help me on how I can retro fit this for use with Lava Rock
> Briquettes? Heck with the warranty...I have no choice, I guess. OR,
> convince me that I don't need the Lava Rocks ??? Will I get that nice
> smokey BBQ taste?

Your grill (not bbq grill) probably uses a system that doesn't require rocks
or bricks or whatever. Weber does the same thing with their 'flavorizer
bars'.

The 'nice smokey bbq taste' has nothing to do with bbq or smoke per se. That
taste is the vaporized remnants of burned fat and juices taht have been
deposited on the surface of the grilled meat product. I will bet that the
'smokey' taste is still there.

--
Dave