Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default What to make during a heatwave?

"Andy" ha scritto nel messaggio

> What to make during a heatwave?

Daytime is running from 98 to 104 here lately, so we get up early, cook and
eat at room temp of fridge temp later on. You are usually up and posting at
7 or 8 my time and it must be cool there at 1 or 2. Get offline and cook!

A rotisseried chicken is good for several meals cold from the fridge,
including pesto chicken salad. A white bean salad made with lemon juice,
onion and good olive oil will keep in the fridge for up to a week. Allow to
warm a bit before eating. Tomato salad made by marinating tomato chunks
with minced garlic, salt and good olive oil with some basil torn in before
eating. Don't ever refrigerate it. Make just enough for a day. You can
make a great sandwich with a crusty roll, that salad and bufala mozzarella.
The same mozzarella with sliced tomatoes, basil and good oil looks a bit
more refined on the plate. Make up a batch of ratatouille which is very
good cold. If you can buy good pizza dough uncooked, fry onions the night
before until very caramelized, then spread that dough out, cover with those
onions, add some anchovy and stick in a very hot oven for a few minutes and
voila! ****aladiere.
With the great variety of cold cuts and cheeses available, fresh salads with
some of those and lemon vinaigrette sounds terrific with something tasty in
the bread line.
What's the problem?