Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cindy Fuller Cindy Fuller is offline

Default Ping: Wayne

In article >,
"Giusi" > wrote:

> "Dora" ha scritto nel messaggio
> > Cheryl wrote:

> >> I bet you're changing your tune today, Dora! LOL
> >>
> >> Cheryl, another Marylander

> > Nope! I'm holed up inside in the a/c!! <BG>

> I talked to my kid in Bethesda yesterday and she told me she hadn't turned
> her AC on at all. She's a toughie, that one.
> We both say that this summer is unlike any previous summer we've known. In
> Italy we have had humidity and clouds and even rain during months when one
> usually sees none of those. This morning I have fog, which I usually see in
> October. (In the Alpine part of ITaly probably all of this doesn't apply)
> We sit around and wonder if our summer is merely late or if it just isn't
> coming this year, and whether the wine will be any good or not.
> I remember living near the Chesapeake and having a boat. An August Sunday
> might be spent there with the bonus of some crabbing on the pier and then
> eating said crabs on newspapers in the back garden. Dripping wet, hot and
> very happy.

The Seattle drought has finally broken. It started raining as we put
the lamb chops on the grill this evening. All I ask is that it stop
raining before Sunday morning, so I can get dry after I get out of Lake
Washington. (Sunday is the Seattle Danskin Triathlon, the biggest
estrogen-fueled race on the planet.)

We used to enjoy traveling on the Eastern Shore of MD on our way to NJ
when we lived in NC. We always made a point to stop at Harris Crab
House for some crustacean-whacking.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller